The BCF Supervisor position is in a fast paced environment where each day is different depending on department needs. This position requires an individual who is able to maintain a constant level of attention to the machines in the area while giving daily direction to the shift's 40 team members. Regular one on one feedback with department associates is necessary to create an inclusive environment that performs at the best of its ability.
- Must build trusting relationships with associates and site leadership
- Must be able to work autonomously and drive results to reach daily production, efficiency and waste goals
- Must communicate effectively with other department supervisors, department managers, and associates.
- Engage, develop and attract diverse associates to achieve facility goals
- Provide feedback, instruction and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
- Facilitate daily, weekly, etc. meetings with team members.
- Ensure all machines are producing first quality fiber.
- Verify/document/report department metrics on a daily basis
- Maintain safe working environment throughout shift.
- Maintain clean working environment and good housekeeping throughout the shift.
- Completely fill out the shift report, daily and weekly reports.
- Issue any corrective action as needed.
- Troubleshoot run ability issues as needed.
- Initiate and document the initial investigation of safety and environmental issues.
- Respond to emergencies and assist in incident command– fires, spills, threats, disorderly conduct, equipment abuse, power failure etc. Notify proper personnel – Department Manager, i.e. “Call Tree”
- Be an active participant on teams involving safety, quality, production, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure line breaks and confined space entries permits are completed and equipment is properly Lockout and Tagged out.
- Audit equipment lockout and tag out procedures prior to and during routine/non-routine maintenance to ensure zero energy and safety compliance.
- Develop overall area systems knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Be able to sit, stand, or walk for 10 to 12 hours.
- Be able to bend, stoop, squat, lift, carry, and reach occasionally.
- Be able to lift and carry packages weighing up to forty pounds (40) frequently.
- Be able to distinguish between colors.
- Ability to climb 3 flights of stairs routinely.
- Must have a high school education or its equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment or its equivalent.
- Must have prior experience working in a leadership capacity.
- Must possess good interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website