Job Location:The Shops at Chestnut Hill
The Operations Supervisor works closely with the mall staff in maximizing the customers shopping experience and tenant sales by working to ensure a clean, well maintained, safe, and friendly and aesthetically pleasing environment, and asset preservation and enhancement while ensuring implementation of all Simon standards. The Operations Supervisor will assist Operations Director to oversee all operational functions, projects, construction, and contracted services at the center among other things.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitors cleaning services provided through contracts that require rigorous oversight.
- Manages preventive and predictive maintenance, repair, and construction work to sustain safe and reliable operation
- Reads and interprets paper- or computer-based engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
- Works with OD and other maintenance staff members to ensure proper Preventative Maintenance and related record keeping and logs
- Maintains a safe environment and identifies and eliminates safety hazards to Mall staff, tenants and customers. This may include administration of and training for programs such as OSHA, ADA, EPA and other regulated programs
- Works with security and local officials to plan and oversee a fire safety program.
- Supports preparation for emergency and disaster response
- Assist in the development of expense, energy and capital budgets
- Manage Property Operating Expenses within or below budgeted levels
- Performs Condition Assessments (either personally or with the assistance of consultants) to assist in development of long range capital plans and budgets.
- Oversees contractors performing capital work
- Interacts with Portfolio Director of Operations and Energy Services
- Provide support to tenants under construction and ensure construction activities match approved plans and comply with mall criteria
- May assist tenants in overcoming Government and permit obstacles, build relationships with key Government officials
- Coordinate and communicate with tenant coordination to insure tenants opens at or before the budgeted RCD
- Develop staff members by enhancing their roles and broadening their experiences.
- Give recognition for good performance and effectively counsel poor performance.
- Complete performance reviews with thorough and objective feedback
- Resolve tenant lease and non-lease concerns related to facility operations
- Establish strong relationships and may frequently interact with key civic leaders (Code Officials, Fire Safety, etc.)
- Maintain good relationships with tenants through frequent interaction, effective follow-through, and by participating in formalized tenant meeting to promote/discuss facility operations initiatives
- Fulfill Manager-on-Duty rotation and manage day to day activities as necessary which may include emergency situations
- Manage operations purchasing program and asset inventory
- Ensure all Services Agreements are current and compliant to the Simon Field Purchasing Policy
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Three years of experience in facility/maintenance operations in a supervisory position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office and other programs as applicable to the property
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Apply on company website