Smiths Medical is seeking an Electrical Engineering Student Co-op located in Plymouth, MN. The Electrical Engineering Student Co-op will be a technical contributor on various product development or production programs. You will work with other engineers, technicians, program managers and administrative personnel to accomplish your objectives.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.
This position is a co-op scheduled in coordination with the student's university. The duration of the position is January – August 2021.Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept work direction from engineers which includes; design and development of next generation medical devices, driving continuous improvement initiatives, problem solving, and influencing cross functional teams
- The successful candidate will be assigned work with senior Electrical Engineers to perform technical tasks within the Electrical Engineering group for both new and ongoing R&D projects which include:
- Prototyping/testing of analog, digital and power supply design
- Troubleshooting ESD/EMI by using in-house EMI test equipment
- Writing test protocol and report
- Present work to division management at end-of-term
- Enrolled in a 4-year accredited college program majoring in Electrical Engineering
- Must have at least one semester of school left after completion of co-op
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Experience using Oscilloscope, DMM, and bench power supplies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take work direction as a learning opportunity
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to management and cross functional team members
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Must be able to demonstrate application of critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, and high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably Altium
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website