Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Team Operator, Packaging in Southington, CT.
The Team Operator, Packaging will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks to include the packaging operation, placing boxes on skids, and providing the proper paperwork. .
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of the Form, Fill and Seal machine, hand held scanners, label maker, and taping machine.
- Perform multiple tasks such as problem solving, trouble shooting, and identify and analyze root causes.
- Receive, inspect, sort and pack product in a timely and efficient manner.
- Visually inspection of packing material and ensuring appropriate documentation accompanies the product.
- During product changeover, cleans and inspect FFS machine to ensure all product has been removed and accurate packing occurs.
- Verifies that all paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for work flow, production, training of new employees and answering job-related questions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6–12 months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of the Shop Floor Data System.
- Working knowledge of quality systems.
- Self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Adequate fine motor hand coordination is required.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching, stooping, twisting, and horizontal reaching.
- Visual requirements include near, far and depth perception and color discrimination.
- Lifting 35 lbs. or less and pushing 35 lbs. or less.
- Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to bio-hazards and/or chemicals.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Us
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website