Arizona's Premier Veterinary Surgical Practice
Come to the sunny Southwest!
Southwest Veterinary Surgical Service, P.C. has openings for board-certified small animal surgeons or individuals who have completed surgery residency training. The ideal candidates will possess expertise in both orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, and will be enthusiastic team players with strong communication skills.
We have multiple locations throughout the state of Arizona. All locations are within multi-specialty, referral-only, facilities sharing space with specialists in internal medicine, cardiology, oncology, radiology, dermatology, dentistry, ophthalmology, and emergency/critical care. Our current staff includes five ACVS Diplomates, one surgical resident, and a surgical intern. We are actively looking for Surgeon's for our West Valley location.
Our West Valley location will be moving from our current Glendale location to a brand new multi-specialty facility in Peoria Arizona in 2019 (https://canyonstatevets.com/). The ideal candidate will have an interest in taking a leadership role to grow this location by strengthening the working relationships with our colleagues in the building and our referring community. Potential medical director position for the right candidate.
Our well-equipped practice performs a broad range of general, neurological, oncologic, orthopedic, and arthroscopy/laparoscopy surgery. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while striving to maintain a work/life balance for our team.
About Southwest Veterinary Surgical Service (SVSS):
Southwest Veterinary Surgical Service, P.C. is a specialty referral surgical practice whose board-certified surgeons has over eighty years of combined surgical expertise and is dedicated to providing your pet with the highest quality surgical care with an emphasis on pain management and prevention. SVSS is an extension of veterinary practices throughout the communities we serve, working in conjunction with primary care veterinarians to provide comprehensive patient care and exceptional client service.
SVSS is an organization that has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and expertise. Our employees use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective services/products in the industry.
Minimum Qualifications and Key Attributes:
- ACVS diplomate or resident trained with qualifying credentials
- General and orthopedic surgery skills a MUST
- Oncology surgery skills strongly preferred
- Specialist knowledge for accurate diagnosis of a patient's condition
- Extensive experience of preoperative and postoperative care
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills to deal with a wide range of colleagues, patients and their families
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Good hand-eye co-ordination, excellent vision and visual-spatial awareness
- Organizational ability and effective decision-making skills
- Emotional resilience and the ability to support your team and pet owners in difficult circumstances
- A calm temperament and the ability to work well under pressure
- Physical stamina to cope with the demands of surgery
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with competing priorities
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Commitment and enthusiasm for learning new skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated inquisitive spirit
- Leadership skills to manage your team and help to train the surgeons of the future
- The ability to inspire confidence in others
- Perseverance on behalf of your patients
- Update charts and patient information to show current findings and treatments
- Order tests for technicians or other hospital staff to perform
- Review test results to identify any abnormal findings
- Recommend and design a plan of treatment
- Address concerns or answer questions that owners have about their pets and well-being
Must be able to lift or carry pets or objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Have the physical strength and ability to stand, walk, sit, kneel, stoop, repeated bending, pushing, pulling, full use of hands/fingers, and reach above shoulders for an entire shift when needed. Must effectively be able to read, speak, and write in English. Hearing, vision and speech at a functional level are required to meet the essential functions of the job.
There is exposure to barking dogs and cleaning chemicals. This is an emotional environment due to death or illness of pets. On occasion patients may bleed, urinate, defecate, vomit, or secrete other glandular fluids on your person, shoes, or uniform.
Apply on company website