Passionate, driven people dedicated to making a difference in health care.
SpecialtyCare is looking for the right candidate to train as a Minimally Invasive Clinical Specialist I to work in and around the operating room. SpecialtyCare will train the right candidate in Minimally Invasive Surgical Support to support our services. We are interested in individuals who have experience delivering excellent customer service and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
We are building our team by hiring and training intelligent, dedicated people who share our values and commitment to excellence. As part of the interview process, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment. You will receive an email from Berke after completing this application with instructions for completing the pre-employment assessment.
Join us as a Clinical Specialist I in Minimally Invasive Surgical Support working as part of the OR team.
As a Minimally Invasive Clinical Specialist I you will be trained to positively impact the efficiency of the OR by:
- Providing logistical and technical support for laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries
- Setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining all minimally invasive equipment, including video systems, before, during and after surgeries to quickly resolve issues
- Manage single routine procedures to include all tower functions, pre-operative set up, knowledge and application of instrumentation at the hospital.
- Understand the functionality and connectivity of all video components, along with troubleshooting principles
- Assist and interact with physicians and other clinical staff members as requested to ensure all preferences are met
- Complete all appropriate paper and electronic documentation forms.
- Ensure that supplies are stocked and available as needed.
- Cleaning equipment and instruments at the end of each case, prepares equipment for the next case and appropriately disposes of all refuse.
- Participate in shadow and/or tray call coverage assignments.
- Learn and adhere to all required policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Sense of Urgency, Teamwork, & Continuous Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While this role does not have direct patient contact/direct patient care it impacts patients.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, required.
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, preferred.
- No experience necessary.
- Heatlhcare experience or training, preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, acceptable.
- Must live within 30 minutes of our contracted hospitals
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate in a call rotation including weekends/nights/holidays
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-hire medical aptitude test, on the job training including certification and company required education modules
The Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
- A high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values which complement the team and company vision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, displaying a sense of urgency
- Dedication to consistently delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a high stress environment
- A self-starter who works well both independently and in a team
- SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability
SpecialtyCare provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. Costs incurred for required professional licensures and certification are reimbursable.
Physicians and hospitals should always have the best possible means to ensure the most positive patient outcomes, while being able to maintain their own financial health and success. To help our customers achieve this, we are committed to delivering exceptional care outcomes, patient safety, and financial results in more than 1,100 hospitals and health systems, supporting 13,500 physicians during 400,000+ procedures annually. This makes us the market leader in perfusion and intraoperative neuromonitoring, and the industry's choice for autotransfusion, sterile processing consulting, surgical assist, and minimally invasive surgical support. With more than 2,000 clinicians providing superior quality care, we have a national presence that gives our medical team access to extensive, unmatched clinical data for conducting research to identify trends, determine benchmarks, disseminate best practices, and foster innovation that advances patient care. As a Joint Commission-certified organization with our own university, which includes a fully equipped OR for training, we develop expertise beyond required certifications so that your surgical team can be certain they have the best partner for clinical excellence, always.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will
Apply on company website