SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is looking for a dynamic individual to manage and support our growing fund administration business. The candidate will require excellent internal control and attention to detail and the global accounting standards as well as strong team work and problem solving abilities in order to support the fund accounting function, including coaching and development of staff. This position will interface with investor services, operations and collateral management, client service and business analysts to service new and existing hedge funds under administration.
A successful candidate will be responsible for managing the delivery of NAVs and financial statements for funds serviced by SS&C Fund Services Asia, ensuring that the NAVs and financial statements are accurately reported on a timely basis within deadlines, and
ensure strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
• Manage the team and provide leadership, training, and
coaching to the managers and fund accountants in the team.
• Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables, ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting of the funds' performance to the clients in the form of profit and loss reporting and month-end NAVs. Review work of team and provide technical expertise to assist the accountants in their responsibilities, including
• Profit and Loss reporting
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reviews
• Monthly NAV Packs and valuation
• Yearend financial statements
• Interact with senior management and manage relationships for multiple clients
• Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients/prospects
• Establish plan/facilitate smooth implementation of new client setup/fund launch/conversion
• Coordinate with Operations group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
• Actively involved in projects and process improvements
• University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
• 8+ years financial markets accounting experience
• 5+ years management experience
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills- able to communicate effectively with team, peers and management
• Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
• Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
• Demonstrated leadership in coaching and motivating team members; Proven ability to manage and develop employees
• Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Audit/Control Minded
• Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
• Mandarin speaking (preferred)
• Experience with hedge fund accounting
• Experience with financial statements preparation and disclosures (preferred)
• Experience with Advent Geneva preferred
• CPA or CFA (preferred)
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website