SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Associate Manager, Loan Accounting – Insurance
Locations: Windsor, CT | Boston, MA | Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
Associate Managers on this team are working on loan servicing and loan accounting functions on assigned commercial or residential mortgage portfolios. They will be responsible for monitoring and delivery of our daily and monthly loan services including the uploading loan information onto SS&C's loan servicing software, processing and reconciling loan life-cycle activity, and producing accurate accounting packages and servicing requests.
Why You Will Love It Here!
Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Ownership of daily and monthly loan accounting processes, loan balance / GL reconciliation, amortization review, and reporting functions
- Mentor, train, and supervise 1-3 junior staff members
- Monitor Processing of loan cash transactions such as payment processing, loan payoff, escrow disbursement, investor sale, etc.
- Monitor cash account and reconcile loan payment received from borrower
- Upload and review newly originated / purchased loan onto SS&C loan servicing software and send welcome package to borrower
- Ownership of completing and reconciling quarterly and annual NAIC Schedule B regulatory package
- Produce month end servicing reports and any other ad hoc management reports as requested by client
- Take key ownership in implementation of new clients
- Liaise with clients and internal contacts on a day to day basis
- Track and update collateral and compliance on loans including rent rolls and operating statements
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
- 4-8 years' relevant experience in commercial Real Estate loan administration or equivalent work experience in the loan accounting / administration industry
- 3-5 years' experience working in the insurance industry strongly preferred
- Experience with US GAAP accounting or IFRS
- Experience with NAIC reporting with strong preference for NAIC Schedule B
- Experience with investment general ledger and US tax strongly preferred
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to meet daily, monthly, and project deliverables
- Ability to identify processing issue and formulate resolution
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft SQL preferred
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website