SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Operations Analyst - 100% Remote
Level/Hours: Entry-Level/Monday - Friday 4:00 PM TO 12:00 AM
Locations: 100% Remote Opportunity!
Get To Know The Team: At SS&C, our collaborative teams help make our clients successful by providing superior accounting related services. We help solve their technical challenges by providing guidance on the use of our various software products. If the prospect of working in a collaborative, smart, and fun environment excites you where you will be trained and mentored by the best in the fintech industry, with ongoing promotional prospects ahead, we want to meet with you!
Why You Will Love It Here!
Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Understanding of the hedge funds under administration (investment types, reporting requirements, etc.)
- Understanding of securities valuation, settlement properties and attributes
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and current accounting principles
- Professionalism and responsiveness during interaction with Auditors and Hedge Fund personnel
- Full responsibility for fund accounting processing including:
- Trade processing
- Daily investment pricing
- Gathering and processing corporate actions
- Confirming validity of corporate actions and significant price changes with independent source
- Review of accruals, expense items, dividend, coupons and other adjustment requests from Hedge Fund
- Research and resolve any daily income variances against Hedge Fund's income estimates to ensure accurate reporting
- Interaction with Hedge Fund's Controller/Operating/Accounting Teams to resolve any income discrepancies
- Generation, review and distribution of daily/monthly reports
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA or CFA candidate a plus
- Previous industry knowledge with financial services and hedge funds a plus
- Willingness to learn new systems, concepts, and broaden knowledge in the industry
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented, flexible
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website