SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Lead Software Engineer
Locations: New York | New Jersey | Boston | Connecticut – Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
This role will be supporting the SS&C Everywhere Data Mesh Platform team as a critical resource on many new initiatives.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Work with multiple functional and technical teams to scope and implement a micro service framework for data pipelining
- Design and implement automated Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) processes to build, test and deploy code
- Create and integrate build features into the platform employing Jenkins / Travis CI, GitHub, Docker, K8s and other technologies
- Develop next-generation solutions to maximize performance, scalability and distributing processing capabilities of our services
- Collaborate with team members to scope and implement requirements and troubleshoot obstacles
- Work with Development team to improve the core software offerings
What You Will Bring:
- Presto/Trino/Starburst, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redis, Minio, Iceberg, S3
- Kafka, Spark, Citus
- Java, C#, Python
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of cloud computing design and development principles.
- Familiar with microservices architectures and how to build a decoupled system.
- Proficient in cloud development methods including:
- RESTful APIs, Docker, helm, terraform and Public Cloud environments
- GIT, CI/CD, Python, Shell (Bash) and Linux
- Metrics gathering, profiling, and alerting with Prometheus/Grafana or New Relic
- Automated Testing; Travis and Jenkins
- Virtualization and Orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Building Python webservices a plus
- Experience in deploying multi-node, scalable, web applications is a plus.
- Experience developing financial applications is a plus
- Previous experience with financial institutions IT or similar is a plus.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.NYC: Salary range for the position: 113,000 USD to 190,800 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award.
Apply on company website