SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
This role will be located in Windsor, CT.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for assisting with accounting functions related to financial and regulatory reporting including preparing financial statements and regulatory reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other regulatory filings. This person will also assist in the coordination of external audits with outside audit firms and related projects as assigned by the Financial Reporting Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements including footnote disclosures in compliance with GAAP and IFRS as well as regulatory filings.
- Assists with the preparation of audit work papers, providing documentation and explanations as outlined in procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with a strong GPA a must
- 2-5 years of financial accounting/reporting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to interact with team members and others encountered in the course of work
- Ability to perform highly detailed work under tight deadlines and handle competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Experience researching accounting issues and documenting findings
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS, a plus
- Previous financial statement preparation experience, a plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website