The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
DomaniRx is a newly formed organization focused on shaping the future of Pharmacy Benefit Management by delivering a cloud-native, API-driven claims adjudication platform.
Our team is made up of engineers with varying levels of professional experience and backgrounds, from new graduates to 20-year veterans of the healthcare industry. We are looking for creative engineers and technologists: relevant industry experience is important, but less so than your demonstrated abilities, passion and attitude. We're always improving and looking for individuals that enjoy being challenged and have a strong desire to make the engineering experience better for our users.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will work with a wide array of technologies and languages. You will lead a team of software engineers to build next-generation solutions and add new capabilities to our PBM platform.
This position is full-time, and location is flexible.Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 5 – 10 software engineers and quality engineers. Provide clear guidance to the team and give feedback when appropriate.
- Manage scope and timeline of software engineering projects.
- Interview and hire for new positions.
- Collaborate with product owners, subject matter experts, and peers to deliver quality solutions that meet business needs.
- Design and implement applications and services supporting our health plan and pharmacy benefit management customers.
- Utilize CI/CD, Docker, and Kubernetes to deliver application solutions.
- Implement industry-wide best practices around microservices development.
- Build common components for reuse across the organization, maintaining documentation, demo applications and reviewing pull requests.
- Evolve our development ecosystem by exploring and prototyping new ways of meeting our business needs.
- 10+ years of application development experience.
- Engineering degree, related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A solid foundation in object-oriented and cloud native design.
- Experience in writing HTTP services in higher-level languages (e.g. Java/Spring, Go).
- Experience with relational and document databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra).
- Experience learning new open source software, APIs and frameworks.
- Exposure to automated testing, modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiar with bash, Git, Jira, and agile methodologies.
- Experience leading software projects and managing software engineers.
- Experience working with and maintaining a community around open source software.
- Desire to evangelize Developer Culture and lead change within the organization.
- Desire to mentor junior developers and assist with intern project designs.
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website