SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse Case Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Austin Market Float Pool that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse Case Manager like you to be a part of our team.
As the Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (CM), you are responsible for promoting patient-centered care. To accomplish this, you will coordinate the plan of care for the patient stay, manage the length of stay, ensure appropriate resource management and develop a safe and appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary healthcare team. As the RN Case Manager, you will promote quality patient outcomes while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. Market Float Pool employees will be required to float to all St. David's Healthcare System Facilities.
- You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned
- You will provide case management services for both inpatient and observation patients
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during transition from one level of care/setting to another
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family
- You will reassesses the patient's clinical condition as indicated. Considers patient's readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources.
- You will partner with Social Services to ensure the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- Using InterQual, you will evaluate the progression of care and escalate issues
- You will make appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- You will document recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities
- You will seek ways to control costs without compromising patient safety or quality of care
- You will participates in performance improvement activities including identifying, documenting and intervening when avoidable delays occur
With more than 130 sites across Central Texas, St. David's HealthCare includes eight of the area's leading hospitals with over 1500 beds and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation's highest presidential honor for performance excellence—in 2014. St. David's HealthCare is the third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than 10,600 employees.
St. David's HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn, invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception of St. David's HealthCare in 1996, more than $269 million have been given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Case Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 2 - 5 years of Case Management experience – required
- Case Management experience within the last year – required
- InterQual experience – preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing – required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers – required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website