Do you have the career opportunities as an Enterstomal Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Enterstomal Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. The Enterstomal Therapy Registered Nurse provides direct care for patients with ostomies, pressure ulcers, vascular ulcers, and draining wounds and fistulas. In this specialized role, the ET RN also conducts pre-operative counseling and post-operative instructional sessions for patients and families. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
· You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
· You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· You will consult on and direct clinical services for patients with fecal and urinary diversions, wounds, drains, skin care problems, and incontinence.
· You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient / family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
· You will act as a clinical resource for skin/wound care and offer in-services and bedside teaching to the nursing staff.
· Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program- Required
· Bachelor's or higher Degree; Previous clinical experience- Preferred
· Associate Degree in Nursing (BSN) – Required
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) -Preferred
License and Certifications
· Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License; BCLS Certification as per SDH policy Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy required all departments
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Enterstomal Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website