Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Nurse Extern Cardiopulmonary Unit PRN? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Extern Cardiopulmonary Unit PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Nurse Extern, you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. You will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse in assisting with the implementation of nursing plans. In order to qualify as a Nurse Extern, you will be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of Nursing.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, blood glucose levels, input and output levels and calorie counts
- You will give personal care including bathing, grooming, feeding, changing, etc.
- You will document and report observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence
- You will assist with patient mobility by regular turning, positioning and ambulating patients
- You will provide or assist with non-medicated support care, collection of specimens for diagnostic testing, and preparation of patient for surgery or other procedure
- You will assist with transfers of patients to and from other units/departments and with discharges
- Volunteer or experience in an acute care hospital setting – preferred
- Age specific knowledge of patient population in the specific department – preferred
- Currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited school of Nursing
- Successful completion of the basic fundamental nursing courses and the ability to perform the fundamental skills learned in the 1st semester of nursing school
- Must have signed nursing school initial skills checklist and verification of appropriate competencies.
- Must complete nursing school within 2 years of hire or will lose eligibility to remain in the Nurse Extern status
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross - required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Nurse Extern Cardiopulmonary Unit PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website