Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) RN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the Trauma ICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will provides care for the critically ill patients with central/invasive lines, hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure monitoring devices, temporary pacing, artificial airway/mechanical ventilation
* You will provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate post-op patients and potential organ or tissue donor patients
* 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* 1 year of Critical Care and/or Trauma Nursing experience – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited Nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
* Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) – preferred
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website