Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) System Educator you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. Mark's Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
St. Mark's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) System Educator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a member of the CereCore Epic team, the Epic System Educator works in collaboration with the CereCore Education Team to support the implementation and teaching of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) into the new hire orientation training program. This includes training and support of providers in the Epic EHR.
The Epic System Educator will be a results-oriented team member with a clear focus on providing high quality customer service and education. The incumbent will be flexible, adaptive, and decisive in development of education materials to ensure end user and customer success in their job duties. This position develops, delivers and maintains system-training programs to support Epic. The primary delivery methods consist of in-person classroom training, live virtual training/asynchronous or Web Based Training and Knowledge base Articles combined with other technology-based solutions using a blended learning approach.
The Epic System Educator teaches classes, facilitates training all aspects and applications within the EHR during new hire training, maintains lesson plans, and communicates Epic changes or upgrades to other CTs and Super Users. The Epic System Educator is responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting competence in all Epic-related training applications and new hire orientation.
The Epic System Educator is an education professional who displays strong skills in developing and delivering training programs to diverse audience groups. The position requires an understanding of adult learning principles, needs assessments, course development, and training implementation. The position requires a solid understanding of clinical documentation and orders applications, workflow, and healthcare-based information technology.
- Leads and executes the development and maintenance of Epic training materials; including ongoing establishment of training products, best practices, governance requirements, and the validation/acceptance criteria to analyze usage
- Develops course content, training materials, agendas, lessons plans, and presentation materials working with Project Teams, Subject Matter Experts, Clients and Business Owner
- Responsible for course instruction including classroom, live virtual classroom, and web-based training
- Participate in the change control process to ensure the training environments remain in sync with production for their assigned application area(s)
- Participates in requirements-gathering sessions with project teams to develop and coordinate the appropriate training plan(s)
- Maintains an understanding of production changes as communicated by the Project Team and ensures they are properly communicated to Stakeholders
- Communicates Epic changes or upgrades to other CTs and Super Users
- Recommends appropriate media for specific education purposes
- Ability to deliver results through collaboration in a matrixed environment
- Proactively seeks appropriate certifications to further depth and breadth of system knowledge
- Supports the implementation and teaching of the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) into the new hire orientation training program including physicians
- Understands adult learning principles, needs assessments, course development, and training implementation
- Provides first level floor support and proactively rounds in the facility and physician practices to ensure physician support needs are identified and addressed
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents competence in all Epic-related training applications and new hire orientation
- Assists in implementation and support of Epic deployed to facilities, physicians, physician offices, and all other Epic end users
- Works with team members and the facility core team to actively promote and support corporate/division standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization plans of Epic
- Communicates workflows to end users, providers, and stakeholders
- Active participation in projects that affect providers and other Epic end users
- Assists in testing Provider-related workflows for Epic requirements
- Coordinates provider, facility, and provider practice service requests and incident resolutions through the Division Service Desk
- Documents interactions with providers and clinical leadership to confirm needs are met and report issues to other teams as necessary
- Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries, then determines the appropriate Epic application to resolve the problem and coordinates as needed
- Participates in meetings as a member of the Epic CereCore team
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participates in special projects as needed
- Represent CereCore and HCA while working/interacting with external partners
- Travel as required; anticipated < 25% travel.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree – Preferred
- 1+ years of experience in relevant work – Required
- Epic Credentialed Trainer in the Inpatient Clinical Documentation or the Orders application required within first 3 months in role required.
- Must be cross-trained in both the Inpatient Clinical Documentation and the Orders application. Ability to teach both is required. Epic Application Certification/Proficiency preferred
- Ability to facilitate discussions/trainings to elicit, manage, and prioritize key business needs
- Proven history as a team-player with effective relationship development and management skills
- Working knowledge of Epic modules
- Requires a high level of interaction with end users, clients, executives and health professionals.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, interpersonal and detail orientated
- Pro-active, resourceful, and self-motivated to innovate to achieve business goals and customer satisfaction
- Familiar with training tool sets such as Captiva, MS office products and Healthstream
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality education within the EHR is being delivered
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Experience in planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of programs
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to adjust workload in accordance with changing priorities and coordinate them in a consistent manner
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- Ability to absorb technical knowledge quickly
- Possess the skills and knowledge necessary to provide formal and informal teaching both inside and outside the classroom setting
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills, as well as excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Respects diversity of each individual and is flexible in adapting to individual needs
- Understanding of clinical operations and processes
- Clinical experience
- Experience with at least one healthcare organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
25% Travel Required
1 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our System Educator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website