Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) position on a USAID-funded program in Colombia. The 5-year USAID-funded nature-based solutions initiative titled Productive Ecosystems Activity (PEA) seeks to prove human well-being and biodiversity conservation by engaging key stakeholders, particularly the private sector, in the implementation of nature-based solutions that preserve ecosystems and ecosystem services.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the DAF will be experienced in, and responsible for the project's administrative operations including finance, human resource management, contract/grants compliance, procurement and office administration while ensuring compliance with USAID, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. This would be a full-time position based in Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide guidance to all staff for complying with the budgetary regulations of Tetra Tech and USAID;
* Manage Financial Accounting System including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures and preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements and regulations;
* Provide financial and budgetary information to the Home Office for USAID as needed;
* Provide guidance and organize training, as necessary, for staff on relevant USAID, Tetra Tech and Government of Colombia rules and regulations;
* Participate in project procurement processes for goods and consulting services, including drafting requests, analyzing proposals, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts and prices, reviewing contractual deliverables for quality and preparing the required documentation;
* Manage HR records for each employee including employment contracts, employment evaluation forms and annual leave;
* Manage confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pension health and unemployment benefits to government funds.
* University degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, and/or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Minimum seven (7) years' experience providing administrative leadership and oversight to all aspects of development project operations – grants management experience highly desirable;
* Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks required;
* Spanish and English proficiency required.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Apply on company website