Subnational and Local Governance Systems Strengthening Lead – Liberia Good Governance Activity
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Subnational and Local Governance Systems Strengthening Lead on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Liberia. The Activity aims to strengthen the social contract with the Government of Liberia through decentralized governance and improved service delivery in select counties.
It will be narrowly focused on four components:
1) Quality services delivered at the local level;
2) Inclusive local development improved;
3) Domestic resource mobilization improved; and
4) Budget transparency improved.
This position will be full-time and based in Liberia.
The Subnational and Local Governance Systems Strengthening Lead will provide technical guidance for all activities under component 1: quality services delivered at the local level. S/he will improve local government capacity for service delivery, strengthen service delivery systems, and strengthen citizen's feedback mechanisms on service delivery.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in the social sciences or another field related to governance systems.
* At least seven (7) years of demonstrated technical expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in governance and citizen engagement.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated technical expertise providing or strengthening service delivery at the county or local level.
* At least two (2) years of demonstrated technical expertise in community organizing.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local languages preferred.
* Liberian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website