Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Asset Management Services. Accordingly, Tetra Tech executes numerous facility/infrastructure condition assessments (FCA) for government and commercial clients. An FCA is an asset inspection and engineering analysis of the level of maintenance and history, failure trends, root cause analyses, and work requirements to be accomplished that establishes the physical and mechanical condition of an asset. Clients use the FCA as a planning tool for short and long-term budget requests. Tetra Tech is seeking qualified architects, engineers and/or technicians qualified to assess electrical, mechanical, fire protection, exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other facility systems, as well as linear utility systems, stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or compressed air.
- Perform facility assessments of buildings, structures and other real property assets across the building structural/civil/architectural, mechanical/electrical/plumbing and fire protection systems. Work is typically performed in teams of 2-4 assessors with assignments split based on personnel experience and trained disciplines.
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments of building systems consistent with the UNIFORMAT convention per ASTM E1557.
- Identify building components and document deficiencies to update the facility condition index (FCI).
- Generate system summary reports for assigned systems.
- Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting 1-3 weeks.
- Strict adherence to the Tetra Tech safety policies.
- Knowledge and application of US Army Corps of Engineers Sustainment Management Systems. Use of BUILDER Sustainment Management System (SMS), including inventories, condition assessments and data entry using BUILDER Remote Entry Database (BRED). Project activities can also include obtaining and correlating existing building drawings, team calibration on BUILDER/BRED, preparing data collection devices, assessment of facility exterior, interior, and roof, as well as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP) and providing scope and rough order of magnitude costs for needed repairs and condition index for each assessed facility. May also perform energy audits to identify energy and water conservation measures.
- Candidates shall be recent college graduates or have experience consulting on built infrastructure asset management and facility management. Experience includes pre-design consulting services or having worked on projects in facility or infrastructure asset/real property inventory, facility condition assessments (BUILDER SMS experience preferred), space utilization or facility use surveys, roof inspections/condition assessments, pavement assessments, capital investment planning, cost estimating and programming, and project development.
- Experience as a project manager and having managed a variety of projects at various levels of complexity and cost, maintaining project schedules and project cost, and achieving or exceeding revenue projections is preferred.
- Experience managing projects in the Federal or Public sector is preferred.
- Mechanical/Electrical assessors shall be capable of conducting inventory and condition assessments of building mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) systems and ancillary equipment.
- Structural assessors shall be capable of understanding and identifying building envelopes including various structural systems, exterior/interior walls and windows, roofing, flooring and related architectural finishes.
- All engineers, architects, and assessors must have knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and be able to identify life safety issues.
- Design experience in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with RS Means, and general exposure to constructions estimating, is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimum Project Manager oversight while maintaining schedule discipline.
- Interact with Project Manager and Technical Leads to ensure compliance with project scope objectives.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor and outlook.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with clients, resolve issues, manage expectations, meet or exceed client expectations, deliver revenue targets, and develop new work.
- Be available to travel minimum 25%.
- Familiarity with industrial, large office, and other large facility types.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check by designated company automobile insurance carrier.
- Valid state driver license.
- Active U.S. Passport.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates shall have a Bachelor of Science in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical engineering or a degree in architecture from an accredited university.
- Professional registration preferred. Ability to become professionally registered or ability to obtain other industry recognized credentials required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing facility condition assessments or related facilities engineering/maintenance work.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including performing facility inspections over 6+ hours a day covering 5+ miles typically as well as ability to climb ladders and assess spaces including roofs, interstitials, basements, crawl spaces and utility tunnels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including technical report writing experience.
- Computer skills are required to populate assessment data in the client's asset management software. Must provide own laptop computer with Microsoft Windows 10 or later and Microsoft Office 2013 or later. Experience with tablet computers, cloud computing services and Microsoft Access desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website