We are looking for Assistant and Consultant Ecologists to join our National ecology team, as we start the next exciting phase of our growth, becoming part of the 20,000-strong global Tetra Tech family.
We want talented individuals who are keen to learn with previous existing consultancy experience who are developing a set of field-survey skills preferably including bats and report writing skills. Those holding protected species licences or working towards them are favourable.
In return, you will play an integral part the team, directly supporting our project delivery, while gaining valuable support and mentoring. You will carry out a wide range of field surveys over the busy survey season, alongside office-based work such as data analysis, report writing, survey planning, and attendance at regular team meetings. You will be regularly involved with surveys and mitigation schemes for bats, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers and birds. In addition, we are also working on multiple sites requiring Biodiversity Net Gain assessments and enhancement, management plans and the opportunity for you to be actively involved in implementing these on the ground.
We understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced tailored measures to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- With 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
- Our bat handling licence incentivisation scheme thanks those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their Class 1 licence - we know it's not easy! And to show our support of personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist status through CIEEM.
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
A relevant degree, full driving licence, membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM and a legal entitlement to work in the UK are essential for this role which would require some working away from home for short periods of time.
If the timing's not quite right for you, do still to get in touch as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or deferred start dates to secure the best people.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tetra Tech positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or parental leave.Additional Information
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website