Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are seeking experienced candidates for an Assistant Resource & Stormwater Engineer to assist with Renewable Energy projects in the greater Glen Allen, Virginia Area. The Engineer will be working in a challenging and variable environment that will include detail-oriented independent work and client interactions. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to succeed in supporting multiple projects while supporting business development efforts in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling, and geospatial evaluations.
- Perform watershed and water quality assessments and conventional aspects of watershed planning and BMP prioritization.
- Applies engineering principles to develop effective solutions.
- Conduct site inspections to examine field conditions, drainage and erosion control needs, as built conditions, etc.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other topographical and geological data to plan and design projects.
- Work closely with the project team for a variety of water resources and site development projects.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable health and safety requirements and environmental concerns.
- Create designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final work drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering related major.
- 0 to 2 years' experience in engineering design for energy-related projects.
- Experience with renewable energy projects, preferably solar in utility-scale environment.
- Working knowledge of civil and environmental engineering principles.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (e.g. AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project) and other software tool skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and at remote job sites.
- Ability to work on several tasks at any given time.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Experience working in Virginia is preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website