Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the Eastern and Southern Caribbean Youth Resilience to Crime and Violence in the Caribbean (YOUR) project for the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and is seeking a full-time Chief of Party to serve on the team. The anticipated goal of this four-year program is to engage and empower youth and other key populations to build resilient communities in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean by 1) Improving the provision of social services to key populations; and 2) Empowering youth and other populations to prevent and recover from crime and violence.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for providing strategic guidance, technical leadership and ensuring overall oversight and implementation of the anticipated USAID/ ESC Youth Resilience to Crime and Violence in the Caribbean program. The period of performance will be four (4) years.
**The position will be based in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean region. Specific countries of focus may include Barbados, Guyana, St. Kitts and Nevis, and Trinidad and Tobago.**
- Provide overall leadership, technical oversight, quality control, management, and thought leadership to the project.
- Oversee program implementation; collaborate with potential Country Managers, USAID/ ESC and key Caribbean government stakeholders, including program partners, public and private sector organizations, service providers, and youth to address program objectives.
- Support and supervise staff, consultants, and partners involved in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of this program.
- Coordinate with MSI Home Office and USAID counterparts to ensure program compliance with MSI and USAID regulations and requirements.
- Foster and maintain excellent and effective relationships with USAID and other donors, including Eastern and Southern Caribbean government officials.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program's success in meeting deliverables.
- A Master's degree or higher in youth development, economics, education, public administration or a closely related field (e.g., citizen security, social crime prevention and reduction, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing, and managing programs sponsored by USAID or other donors (of which at least 5 years' experience leading project in the ESC region).
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in youth crime and violence prevention and reduction and citizen security; experience in service delivery and youth workforce development for at-risk youth preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic management and experience managing complex programs across multiple sites.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Additional Information
- Organization: 216 MSI
Apply on company website