Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking a dynamic and outstanding communications professional to execute communications strategies that showcase the impact of our energy projects in developing countries worldwide. This position will support the development and implementation of communications plans and oversee the production of outputs, including annual/quarterly reports, fact sheets, events, and digital products. Additionally, the Communications Principal will be responsible for outreach and dissemination of project deliverables and accomplishments. The Communications Principal will work with the communications team as well as with project teams around the world.
- Implement communications plans in collaboration with project communications leads and the Home Office Communications Manager
- Provide support in conceptualizing, designing, and finalizing all project communications-related deliverables
- Design, write and edit a variety of communication products such as fact sheets, infographics, newsletters, e-blasts, blogs, one-page syntheses of activity interventions, activity briefers and visuals, etc.
- Develop written and verbal communications and social media materials on issues and topics in the energy field for diverse audiences, including USAID, MCC, development banks and partner government stakeholders, and internal staff and corporate representatives
- Provide communication support for events, including preparation of press releases, announcements, social media posts, and organize for photography and videography as required
- Contribute to the development of project-specific websites and social media to include content creation, user analytics, and engagement monitoring
- Field and respond to incoming requests for information, talking points, messaging, etc., from project staff, client, and counterparts
- Provide branding and communications support to project teams, including application of the USAID Graphics Standards Manual and similar style/brand guides
- Prepare scopes of work and coordinate procurement for specialized videography and photography services
- Support business development and marketing efforts to promote Tetra Tech's international development and energy sector leadership
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential KSA's required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Master's degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field (or Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of relevant experience)
- 7+ years of communications experience
- Experience implementing communications campaigns that involve multiple and diverse audiences
- Experience working on USAID programs and initiatives, or other government- or donor-funded projects
- Experience with and ability to translate technical reports for general audiences
- Ability to think, write, and present content in a creative and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience in developing content across digital, print, and social media channels
- Basic design skills and experience developing infographics using platforms such as Canva, Adobe Spark, and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with email newsletter platforms, such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously
- Motivated and energetic self-starter with a positive, inclusive, and creative outlook
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Experience working in international development, energy, and/or environment sectors
- Experience with the logistics of webinars, video conferences, and invitations (RSVPs) to learning activities and events
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website