Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for a Construction Crew (Heavy Equipment Operators and Laborers) to join our team for an environmental remediation construction (earthwork and civil) project at the Callahan Mine Superfund Site located in the town of Brooksville (Harborside) on the Penobscot Bay in Hancock County, Maine (near Bar Harbor). Starting hourly rates up to $33 per hour based on skill level and experience on various pieces of heavy equipment and working in the construction and/or environmental remediation industry. Per diem or mileage is available as appropriate to personnel not local to the site.
Construction activities will extend through the 2020 construction season. Construction activities are anticipated to continue in subsequent construction seasons through 2023/2024.
• Establish tool, equipment and field shop requirements, construction facility layout, construction methods, field organization and staff selection, schedules and sequence of operations and similar determinations.
• Perform system construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
• Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
• Ability to help maneuver pipe, pumps, and hoses.
• Install and maintain erosion and sedimentation controls (i.e. silt fence)
• Maintain, clean, and organize equipment and supplies.
• Work with and around heavy construction equipment and excavations at mining sites (all Equipment Operator are expected to be experienced, safe, and efficient operators of heavy construction equipment).
• Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment.
• Perform construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
• Perform daily checks and maintenance on equipment.
• Perform various duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least one (1) year of experience in decentralized business in construction, outdoor labor, mining and farming industries.
• OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training and current 8-hour refresher
• Heavy equipment operator experienced with operating some or all of the following equipment: Dozers, excavators, front-end loaders, backhoes, off-road dump trucks, all-terrain forklifts, skid-steers, and/or rollers.
• Experience with operating dozers and excavators in soft and saturated ground conditions (i.e. mine tailings) a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have good working knowledge of heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc.) and compacting and materials handling equipment (i.e. loader, all-terrain forklift, roller).
• A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 106 ECI
Apply on company website