Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking Construction Managers with experience in wind power constructionto join our exciting renewable energy team, currently for wind projects in Alberta, Canada and New Mexico. The construction managers are to provide construction management leadership and expertise on renewable energy construction projects, ensuring that the projects meets design intent, as well as meeting schedule and cost objectives. The ideal candidate has civil, electrical and/or turbine/mechanical wind construction experience and strong skills in managing a diverse group of project participants (client, contractors, regulatory agencies, stakeholders).To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ensure contractors fully understand their contractual obligations and project requirements
· Liaise with contractors to minimize contractor conflict and encourage synergy on multiple contractor work sites.
· Identify slow progress, inadequate quality or performance, possible future construction problems and suggest possible solutions.
Project Schedule and Cost Control
· Monitor project schedule and costs, update and report as project development proceeds. Take action, as required, to address issues in a proactive manner.
· Confirm monthly contract progress payment documents, forecast and manage potential changes.
· Monitor and inspect construction to confirm quality and that the constructed works are in conformance with the design.
· Review and manage technical submittals (shop drawings, RFI's, RFC's and work plans) to confirm conformance with design and quality of work.
· Address issues that arise in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Effective documentation of progress through daily and weekly reports (with detailed photos).
Equipment Procurement Completion
· Monitor the receipt and inspection of major equipment/materials to ensure compliance with technical requirements and commercial terms, facilitate responsibility transfers and acceptance.
Regulatory Compliance and Liaison
· Act as the Owner's representative during construction, responsible for daily/weekly interface with key stakeholders including regulatory agencies, government (local, municipal to federal), and landowners.
- Strong construction background, having worked on 2 or more wind projects including direct experience with wind turbine foundation construction and/or turbine erection/installation.
- Construction experience of at least 8 years, capable of working on several major industrial projects simultaneously in a multidiscipline environment.
- Prefer Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineers or appropriately recognized technical designations.
No calls or agencies
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website