Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time, entry to junior level Contracts Administrator for our Oakland, CA or Rancho Cordova, CA office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate is independently responsible to support the full life cycle of a federal subcontract.
Primary Job description includes, but is not limited to, supporting functions related to (1) managing large, complex subcontracts under Federal contracts; (2) providing contractual/subcontract guidance to project staff; (3) ensuring compliance to various regulations, policies and contracts; and (4) determining and overseeing contractual obligations and risk mitigation.
Position responsibilities include:
- Support technical staff by determining appropriate acquisition instruments based on project requirements.
- Create, modify, and execute purchase orders, subcontracts and independent consultant agreements.
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and vendors regarding consent to subcontract, contractual revisions, and other contractual matters.
- Draft procurement documentation, including RFQs/RFPs, evaluation memos, negotiations, and sole source justifications.
- Conduct commercial item determinations for procurement of commodities and services.
- Ensure project compliance with government contracting requirements.
- Support Project Managers and field offices by providing guidance on contractual requirements.
- Manage the subcontract start-up and close-out process.
- Perform cost/price analysis of subcontractor bids and proposals.
- Assist the Subcontract Director with annual reviews and updates to manuals, trainings and templates to reflect changes to internal policies and client regulations.
- Assist other procurement team members in completing internal review of subcontract files.
- Provide procurement and contracts training to Project Managers, business development, and field office staff.
- Track government required small business reporting.
- Support audits and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist Project Managers and Financial Manager with tracking invoicing and payments through the clients web-based purchasing/invoicing system.
The ideal candidate will have 6 months - 3 years of relevant work experience with a bachelor's degree preferably in business/finance. In addition, you will have:
- Prior work experience with federal government contracting, desirable
- Previous financial and project management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent negotiating and budgeting skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and proficient in Word.
- Capability to work in a team environment, but individually when necessary.
- Leadership Skills
- Self starter
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business/finance.
This position requires you to be able to pass a Federal background check/investigation and a pre-employment drug screen. In addition, this position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website