Electrical Engineer - Department Lead - Seattle
Tetra Tech's High-Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
The built environment is responsible for nearly 40% of annual global CO2 emissions. The task of delivering a sustainable future that is climate-resilient and socially equitable begins at the building scale. At Glumac, our fully integrated MEP, Energy Analysis, Sustainability, Commissioning, Technology, and Lighting teams are working together to meet that goal and deliver a sustainable future.
We look for people who want to join us in stepping boldly toward the challenge of reducing the carbon output of buildings through intelligent, data-driven building design. Our world-class design teams have delivered a growing portfolio of net-zero energy and net-zero water buildings across market sectors and are working to decarbonize the building stock of some of the largest companies and universities in the world. Glumac is a place where you can apply your passion and make a tangible impact on the communities we live in.
The challenge is steep, but the opportunities are endless. Join us!
Glumac is seeking an Electrical Engineer - Department Lead for our Seattle office.
A hybrid work environment is available to staff that can demonstrate good communication, quality, and accountability across their work products and efforts. The office is always available for those that desire an in-office environment full-time.
This role will entail:
- Provide overall leadership and contribute to marketing and business development for the office as well as mentoring the electrical staff.
- Seller-doer working closely with clients to manage their needs, budget expectations, and project schedules.
- Plan and design electrical power systems for buildings and facilities, including hospitals, light rail, laboratories, high-rise offices, educational facilities, and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Lead face-to-face and other technical communication with clients on MEP topics.
- Acts as “Engineer of Record”.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Prioritize engineering project team labor to meet multiple moving deadlines and track project budgets.
- Review MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients.
- Lead assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- Assist in marketing and development of new and existing Clientele.
- Participate in activities and organizations related to our industry outside of daily business routine, developing peer relationships, technical growth, and business contacts.
What You Bring – Qualifications
Impact, Innovation, and Inclusivity should be core values. The qualifications you bring include:
- 15-20 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer working with infrastructure and/or building systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current Professional Engineering PE license in the State of Washington.
- Experienced Project Manager to understand Client's desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs communicating those deliverables within the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience maintaining successful client relationships.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with ability to lead multiple-discipline project teams.
- Ability to mentor and train young engineers, reviewing their work and giving appropriate feedback to ensure quality control.
- Significant sustainable design experience strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- WELL preferred.
About Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company
Glumac is a globally recognized leader in sustainable building design. With more than 50 years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy Analysis, Sustainability Consulting, and Building Commissioning, we operate at the forefront of sustainability in the built environment and are looking for people to join our ever-growing global team.
Working within the Tetra Tech family of companies provides Glumac access to knowledge, resources, and experience from a diverse group of engineering experts in a broad range of practices, allowing us to deliver best-in-class service and design to clients worldwide. The technical expertise, cutting-edge thought leadership, and a near-century of combined experience shared throughout Tetra Tech uniquely positions Glumac to meet any client need.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world and 21,000 employees. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
With Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.glumac.com, www.tetratech.com, and https://www.tetratech.com/en/markets/high-performance-buildings. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at https://www.glumac.com/careers/#open-positions or www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 150 GTT
Apply on company website