Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech is seeking qualified energy sector experts based in Pakistan to join our team for the anticipated USAID-funded Climate Smart Energy Activity (CSEA). The experts will support the implementation of project technical assistance activities, coordinate closely with the client and regional stakeholders, and work with the program management team based in Islamabad.
Applicants will be considered for inclusion in Tetra Tech's proposal as potential employees or independent contractors on a part-time or full-time basis and are contingent upon contract award.
The successful candidates should have leadership skills and experience and be mid- to senior-level experts with experience in one or more of the following working areas:
- Renewable energy and climate change mitigation policies, planning, regulations and incentives
- Design and implementation of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Cost-benefit analysis of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Energy audits in industry, and commercial buildings
- Energy efficiency standards for commercial and industrial appliances
- Program design and implementation for large/scale renewable energy and energy efficiency projects and programs
- Commercial financing for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
- Marketing and promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives
- Battery energy storage systems and solutions for grid-scale projects and off-grid implementations.
- Design and implementation of electromobility solutions for public, commercial and private transport
- Design and implementation of pilot projects for the assessment and adoption of emerging low-carbon technologies
- Assessment of low carbon development strategies in the energy sector
- Development of greenhouse gas inventories and marginal abatement cost curves
- Development of waste to energy projects from municipal and agricultural sources
- Use of climate finance in renewable energy and energy efficiency investments, including green bonds, carbon pricing, carbon trading mechanism, etc.
- Risk mitigation instrument to facilitate investments in renewable energy, energy efficiency and electromobility
- Vulnerability assessment, adaptation, and resilience of energy systems to the impacts of climate change
- Capacity building of financial institutions and private stakeholders on clean energy investments
- Integration of gender equality in energy intervention
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc):
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, physics, environmental, business, finance, economics, law, public policy or similar field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the energy sector.
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded energy projects in South Asia.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in Pakistan.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills). Fluency in Urdu is also preferred.
Valued but not required KSAs:
- A master's degree in a related field.
- Prior experience working for a national government, international organizations, and electric or water utilities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website