Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently seeking an Engineer in Training to fill a permanent full-time position based out of Terrace, British Columbia. This position will work with our team of recognized industry experts within our Engineering group.
• Project Management
• Planning, conducting, and supervising civil and geotechnical investigations
• Evaluating geologic conditions and geotechnical characteristics for assessment and design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures and earth structures
• Conducting foundation investigations for commercial and industrial developments
• Conducting dam safety reviews and completing remediation designs
• Conducting and reviewing slope stability and embankment assessments and completing designs
• Analyzing field data and preparing detailed engineering reports and recommendations
• Conducting pavement evaluations and completing designs
• Preparing proposals, budgeting and scheduling of technical field staff
• Mentoring and coaching junior staff members
• Communicating with clients and sub-consultants and internal stakeholders
• Minimum of an Undergraduate degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Geological Engineering
• 1 – 2 years' experience in a civil or geotechnical engineering capacity
• Experience in a consulting engineering environment would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of civil or geotechnical investigations
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Previous experience using AutoCAD, GeoStudio 2007 Products and MS Office is an asset
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), teamwork and mentorship skills are essential
• Good time management skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to contribute to the project by being a team player
• Must be or eligible to register as a professional engineer in British Columbia, be legally entitled to work in Canada, and possess a valid British Columbia Class 5 driver's license (or equivalent)
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of British Columbia).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website