The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for leading multidisciplinary design teams and management of project financials and documentation for water and wastewater conveyance, pumping and treatment projects for the Water/Wastewater Group in Tetra Tech's Seattle office.
Typical municipal water/wastewater projects include collection and conveyance systems, water and wastewater pump stations, storage tanks and treatment facilities, and infrastructure rehabilitation.
The Project Manager candidate will also be responsible for existing client management, future client development, and working closely with business development efforts in the pursuit and acquisition of client contracts. Typical business development efforts may include one-on-one client and subconsultant outreach and research, strategic pursuit development, proposal support and interview participation.
- Act as the primary point of contact for municipal clients in Washington and the Seattle Metropolitan Area;
- Act as project manager leading simple to complex projects and teams;
- Lead and perform planning and technical studies; Lead and perform design projects;
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates and permit applications;
- Lead and perform construction management services;
- Take an active role in marketing of current and new clients; Assist in the development of SOQ's and proposals;
- Promote the Tetra Tech brand through work with professional and community organizations;
- Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation are applied on various reports and design projects;
- Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering disciplines;
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with the design team;
- Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar engineering field; Minimum 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the municipal engineering market;
- Registered Professional Engineer License (PE) is required; no exceptions;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience delivering technical and business presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct development of large projects and pursuits with complex features;
- Proven track record of successfully bringing in and executing profitable assignments for clients and building key target client accounts;
- Ability to properly scope out new business;
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects and delivering on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding client expectations;
- An understanding of future industry trends, strategic planning processes, and demonstrated success translating those to effective tactics;
- Ability to motivate others and lead teams to implement plans for projects and client pursuits;
- Ability to oversee preparation of key proposals and deliverables;
- Ability to develop good working relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain valid driver's license and safe driving record
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website