Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists. Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an entry level Urban/Environmental Planner to support a wide range of private development, public sector, and institutional projects, including climate change, resilience and sustainable development issues. Join a top-notch team of planners, engineers, and scientists in a friendly, flexible and collaborative downtown work environment. This full-time position, located at our Post Office Square office in Boston MA, is easily accessible from all major transit lines including North Station and South Station. We offer a hybrid work environment with the flexibility to work from home and in the office.
- Researching and documenting planning initiatives and development project permitting
- Drafting and editing text for planning initiatives, master plans, and permitting documents
- Conducting research and drafting text, maps, and graphics for planning and permitting documents
- Providing organizational support for project team and public meetings, including developing schedules, sending notifications, drafting agendas, and distributing notes
- Attending and coordinating community meetings, including preparing presentation materials
- Bachelor's degree in planning, environmental science or related field
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience or Master's in related field
- Excellent technical writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required; knowledge of ArcGIS is helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with real estate planning and development including urban, waterfront, or institutional developments
- Some knowledge of public processes associated with municipal planning, zoning, and development review initiatives
- A satisfactory driving record in accordance with Tetra Tech's MVR policy is required
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 143 INE
Apply on company website