Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking a motivated, articulate and dynamic Environmental Planner/Scientist to support our offshore energy practice. The successful candidate will have a strong, technical background in permitting, marine biology, coastal/marine ecology, marine geology and/ or marine fisheries.
Successful candidate may also be engaged in other energy-related tasks under the Tetra Tech energy program, including oil and gas, solar, and terrestrial wind. This position is an entry level role with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Willingness to contribute to technical scopes and the ability to leverage a variety of GIS programs to do so is a prerequisite.
- Willingness and ability to leverage technical problem-solving skills to address client's unique challenges to advance offshore and renewable energy development.
- BS in a physical science with Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Marine Science/Marine Geology, or Engineering or related focus preferred.
- 0 to 4 years of professional experience with a pattern of progressive achievements.
- Educational background and/or technical experience in marine/coastal/offshore settings.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required along with a level of comfort with public speaking.
- Applied knowledge of offshore biological, geological, and/or cultural resources preferred.
- Experience with NEPA/federal and state permitting, offshore wind, power generation and transmission, infrastructure, and/or renewable energy is a plus.
- Experience in managing and working with large data sets is a plus.
Other Desirable Knowledge and Requirement:
- Master's Degree in Marine Science, Marine Affairs, Planning, M.B.A. or related degree.
- ESRI GIS experience.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website