Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Our team (NALO – Noise, Air Quality, Lighting and Odour) of 24 multidisciplinary environmental consultants, survey, assesses and advises on specific situations, including acting as expert witness at hearings and inquiries. We typically undertake surveys then use innovative computer-based modelling techniques to predict noise, air quality, wind, odour or lighting levels and assess acoustic performance. Our clients include UK MoD, Sainsbury's, Amazon (Projects in UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Poland & Egypt), together with a variety of Local Authorities and Transportation, Retail, House and Commercial Building Developer Clients.
Our services include:
- Environmental noise and vibration, including assessment and developing mitigation measures for buildings, highways, mining and blasting and, complex scenarios
- Building acoustics
- Occupational noise and hygiene
- Air quality & microclimate
- Environmental lighting and 'right of light'
Working within the NALO team, although works is expected to focus on noise assessment, work could also include survey work and data manipulation, Environmental and building acoustic surveys, artificial lighting surveys, acoustic modelling and assessments and report writing.
The candidate needs to travel when required across the UK with the ability to work weekends and nights for noise monitoring when required.
- Manages own and others time to ensure that assigned work is completed to deadlines and is of good quality. Where needed, stays extra hours to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintains good communication with colleagues and external to WYG team members.
- Follows up on work assigned even if completed by others.
- Verbal and written communication is professional, recorded and shared with all necessary team members and filed correctly for all to access.
- Uses sense, effort and innovation to ensure that the task is completed most efficiently
- Maintains continuous professional development
- Is a helpful and integrated member of the team. Seeks to understand and assist with the needs of all team projects and deliverables.
- Maintains a good attitude towards health and safety
- Conforms to CDOP, policies and NALO procedures (including essential tasks such as timesheet completion) and promotes compliance to others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be degree qualified
- Due to noise, light, odour, and vibration monitoring the candidate must have good physical health, good hearing and olfactory acuity (sense of smell). They must have a good geospatial interpretation ability in order to find and identify precise locations.
- Good Geospacial interpretation ability in order to identify precise locations.
- Must be willing to work flexibly to tight timescales
- Able to use technical equipment on the field with minimum supervision
- A full driving licence is essential
- Follows relevant policies and procedures
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share's.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.
Tetra Tech group is leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website