Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Our Chantilly, VA office is seeking a Program Managemer or Senior Emergency Management Specialist to work. The candidate will be responsible for the successful execution in managing and implementing Federal contracts involving doctrine, policy, and complex exercises with many being executed concurrently. The ideal candidate would be located in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
FEMA contracts are preferred, however, experience with other agencies with similar requirements will be considered as well. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in managing a complex contract in the $20M to $40M range.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Program manager will be responsible and have the proven ability to delegate and oversee others to manage a large multi-faceted workforce.
- Ability to employ management concepts including client management as well as ensuring that project scope, schedules, and budgets are met.
- Ability to demonstrate reaching consensus with multiple stakeholders that may have differing goals and employ problem solving and organizational skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Successful completion of Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses (such as through FEMA's Emergency Management Institute classroom and/or on-line training programs).
- Successful completion of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) training.
- Experience with the National Response Framework (NRF), with a special emphasis on the Nuclear/Radiological Incident Annex (NRIA).
- Firm understand of NUREG-0654/FEMA-REP-1 Planning Standards and Evaluation Criteria.
- Additional technical training specific to the FEMA program may be required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10-15 years experience preferred.
- Currently maintaining a Secret clearance (or the ability to obtain one.)
- Possessing a FEMA "Badge"is desirable.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or Master Exercise Planner is a plus.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification from PMI is also a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website