Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are seeking a full-time Engineering Geologist at our office in Diamond Bar, CA. The group specializes in geotechnical and geological engineering and projects vary from local site investigations to USACE planning and design projects, such as dams and levees. You should have at least 3 years of direct professional experience in geotechnical consulting. You should be proficient in common geotechnical field work, geological analyses, and project management tasks, and should have a genuine interest in geotechnical engineering / geology. We are a collaborative team comprised of geotechnical engineers, geologists, field staff and consultants working on multi-disciplinary projects across several operating units at Tetra Tech. You will have the opportunity to grow your technical and business skills and contribute to some of the most complex engineering projects. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive salary and an entrepreneurial career path that values innovation and excellence.
- Perform geotechnical field investigations, site inspections, and construction observations and testing;
- Perform analyses of collected field data, laboratory data and published data for the purpose of developing safe and efficient geotechnical design recommendations for building foundations, slopes, retaining walls, landfills, levees, dams, pavement, and bridges;
- Perform conventional geologic evaluation tasks, e.g., geologic maps and cross-sections, borehole and trench logs, and written descriptions of materials and ground conditions;
- Perform geologic hazard evaluations;
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of design reports for various geotechnical structures.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in geology and at least 3 years of direct relevant professional experience;
- PG and CEG, or the ability to obtain a CEG within two years of hire;
- Proficiency in geologic field logging of borings, test pits, and trenches;
- Proficiency in geologic field mapping;
- Experience in quality control of construction related components;
- Management of field staff;
- Analyses of engineering geological data;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency in illustration software also desirable, e.g., Autocad, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, ArcGIS;
- Preparation of proposals and reports;
- Self-starter, analytical, and possess excellent computer, writing and oral communication skills;
- Individual must be prepared to oversee field investigation activities including CQA work;
- Some travel (up to approximately 20% - 25%) is required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 197 SWW
Apply on company website