Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Geologist / Hydrogeologist for our San Diego operations.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists
Apply to today and join the cmopany that is Leading with Science ®.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with or leading a team on a variety of environmental projects. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conduct environmental site assessments and investigations
- Complete soil borings and well installation on environmental projects
- Use the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) for geologic logging, collection of soil, groundwater or soil vapor samples
- Analytical data evaluation
- Technical report writing
This position requires a minimum of 5 -7 years of related experience. The ideal candidate will also have / be:
- Background in Geology/Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, and/or Environmental Science required.
- Familiarity and experience using the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) for geologic logging, collection of soil, groundwater or soil vapor samples.
- Familiarity with basic environmental sampling protocols required.
- Strong background in field sampling, drilling, and well installation programs from the planning through the execution and report development phases.
- Experience with federal projects and regulatory agencies a plus.
- Experience in authoring CERCLA environmental documents.
- GIS/GPS experience a plus.
- Good technical writing abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment and be a self-starter
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis. Passing a motor vehicle record background check and maintaining a valid driver's license is required.
- This position may require you to pass background checks.
Degree / Certifications
- BS degree in geology, hydrogeology, or engineering geology.
- Preference will be given to licensed current/active Professional Geologist (PG) in California.
- Geologist in Training (GIT) certification will be considered based on other qualifications and ability to obtain a California (PG) registration within the year.
- Current OSHA 40-hour certification is required.
- Approximately 30% field work.
- Extended periods of travel to project sites may be required.
- May be working for extended periods in a desert environment with relatively high temperatures. Exposure to hot weather conditions seasonally may be expected.
- All work-related travel is reimbursable.
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website