Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The BAS office in Diamond Bar, CA is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator with experience in the field of construction and remediation services. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in soil excavation, waste/soil compacting, demolition and waste removal. Individual must be safety minded and follow all necessary guidelines for handling potentially hazardous substances and materials. Individual will have regular exposure to extreme weather conditions, dust, dirt and loud noises. Reliable transportation is required as the individual may travel to various project site. Must be available to work overtime and on weekends.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an equipment operator.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with operating Heavy earth moving equipment (including excavator, bulldozer, compactor, forklift, etc.)
- Be familiar with maintaining and servicing heavy equipment.
- Always be conscientious and aware of unsafe or potential hazardous conditions when working onsite to avoid injury or incident.
- Previous experience working at sites regulated by Cal-OSHA.
- Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, if required.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Always work with at least one other site worker (buddy system) unless unique circumstances.
- Provide a pro-active approach to project completion and client needs.
- Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver's license in California.
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Requires the individual to lift, bend and stand regularly as well as walking on uneven terrain such as slopes.
- Able to wear protective gear such as a full-face respirator.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website