Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
The candidate will assist in the design of distribution engineering for our Power Division. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervising groups of professionals and non-professionals or small groups of specialized engineers in the Power sector to execute both large and small projects
- Mentor and provide technical support to team members
- Prepare and/or review engineering deliverables for overhead and underground distribution systems including AC and DC collector systems, feeder design, distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, and cable replacement
- Prepare and/or review technical calculations including voltage drop, cable pulling and pole loading
- Prepare and/or review material lists, construction details, drawings and diagrams
- Prepare and/or complex and complete drawings using computerized drafting tools using AutoCAD or Microstation
- Apply knowledge of utility standards, guides, specifications and procedures as well as CSA/NESC standards
- Exercise initiative in completing recurring assignments independently
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications.
- Monitor and maintain the project schedule and budgets within your area of responsibility and report status on a regular basis
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related Engineering Technology Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of both overhead and underground distribution engineering/construction principles, practices, and methods.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada or the United States of America
- Ability to work in team environment
- Consulting engineering experience is an asset
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer-based design tools
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational and security) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website