Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech's Geosynthetics Group offers a unique work environment that specializes in the installation of all manner of geosynthetic materials across a variety of industries. We work on new and existing project sites in MSW landfills, gold mining, power plants, and chemical and industrial facilities. These projects are located coast to coast in the Continental US. Your role will be on-site management as Tetra Tech's project representative. You will be responsible for organizing and implementing day-to-day activities and planning and coordinating project progress with an assigned Project Manager.
- Familiar with general liner installation techniques and respective equipment.
- Familiar with applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare professional business documents such as timesheets, dailies, expense reports.
- Ability to read & interpret engineers plans and specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with direct reports, peers and clients.
- Assist with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects.
- Perform construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
- Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
- Oversee and maintain clean, and organized equipment and supplies.
- Required to complete project related paperwork neatly, timely, and accurately.
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations and perform work in a competent manner.
- Familiar with survey equipment, geosynthetic liner, forklift and off-road trucks, and material handling equipment
- Proficient in the use of the PC, specifically with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have supervisory experience on civil projects (or equivalent accredited degree/s)
- Work with and around heavy construction equipment and excavations on landfills, industrial sites, power plants, gold mines, and coal ash sites.
- Travel for extended periods, as necessary. Anticipated that a working construction supervisor will travel 100% of the time 7-9 months out of the year. Then have various breaks throughout the winter months.
- Walk long distances, up and down steep slopes, and varied outdoor terrain.
- Work in variable work conditions including extreme (hot and cold) weather safely.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Provide an aggressive and pro-active approach to client needs.
- Minimum High School Diploma with at least 3 years of construction working experience and at least two years supervising.
- Minimum 1-year heavy equipment operation or forklift operation.
- Recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management would also be a good fit for this opportunity.
- Liner experience a plus, current OSHA or MSHA Certification (desired).
- Familiarity with landfill work and various other project sites, including use of surveying equipment and blueprints preferred
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work; you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 106 ECI
Apply on company website