Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Liner Technician for its Geosynthetics Division. This team player will have the ability to see, travel and work outdoors year-round.
Tetra Tech Company is looking for a liner technician responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties on project sites. Responsibilities may include; ensuring worksites are properly equipped and prepped by filling and carrying sandbags, rolling out liner, possibly driving a forklift, basic labor work, prepping seams, assisting with welding/stitching liner, running the fusion welder and ability to operate extrusion welder. Ability to be on the road living in hotels 95% of work year, ability to walk up and down steep slopes for long periods of time in extreme hot or cold environments ability to communicate both orally and by written letters/communications. Typical projects include maintenance and repair, geosynthetic lining and engineering on landfills, coal ash, open pit gold mines, sediment ponds and other industrial project sites.
- Understand environmental, health & safety regulations & perform work in compliant manner
- Travel for extended periods (95% of season away from home),
- Living in hotels & traveling between states. Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain
- Ability to do heavy, manual work
- Ability to walk long distances up and down slopes 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 slopes
- Ability to help maneuver, cut, fuse and HDPE liner
- Must be able to work in trenched areas to connect, refit and adjust liner on landfills and project sites
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely including on very odorous project sites
- Clean up work areas, clean and fuel vehicles and equipment as necessary
- Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment
- Available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Ability to communicate with clients and peers using professional diction
- Assist site supervisors with the materials and equipment needs and helping to collect supplies for projects
- Experience on landfill or refuse collection a plus.
- High School Diploma and GED preferred
- A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
- Candidate may be located in any project site in lower 48 States in which we conduct business –typically within 500 miles of our project sites and ability to travel for up to 7 months a time and stay in hotels rooming with a coworker.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work, you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 106 ECI
Apply on company website