Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are seeking a qualified Marine Protected Species Biologist to support work based at our Boston, MA office. Remote work options also possible. Other office locations considered; Rockland, MA; Portland, ME; Parsippany, NJ; Richmond, VA; Norfolk, VA for impact assessment/permitting support, marine survey compliance support, and data management/reporting, for our marine mammal and offshore permitting program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our marine resources projects for a variety of commercial, federal, and state clients. A multidisciplinary science-based background is desired, with an emphasis on marine biology, marine policy, bioacoustics, or offshore protected resources. Marine Protected Species of concern include marine mammals, sea turtles, endangered/threatened fishes. Projects vary but are typically part of offshore wind projects and other marine infrastructure development.
- Serve as a marine protected species subject matter expert (SME) for impact assessment, permitting, and monitoring associated with offshore wind energy projects.
- Routine coordination with multiple project teams composed of; Project Managers, Team Leaders, Subcontractors, other SMEs, and Client Representatives.
- Perform desktop-based data analysis, impact assessment, and report writing.
- Integrate bioacoustics modeling results in applicable permit applications, reports, and other documentation.
- Maintain consistent compliance implementation of protected species monitoring programs.
- Participation in other field/desktop assessments in support of other environmental programs within the company.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in marine science (M.S. preferred).
- Preference for 1-3 years experience serving as a SME on impact assessment, permitting, NEPA, or marine protected species assessments.
- Familiarity with marine bioacoustics modeling principals and noise pollution impacts.
- Deep understanding of marine protected species resources, including policies and regulations associated with each.
- Familiarity with, and analysis of, publicly available datasets.
- Familiarity with methods used to monitor for marine protected species and design and implementation of marine surveys.
- Basic understanding of marine spatial planning, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) offshore wind survey recommendations.
- Flexibility to accommodate travel and meet fast-paced project requirements.
- High level of motivation and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess solid communication skills and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and ArcGIS (desired).
- Must be multi-task oriented and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- A valid Driver's License, clean driving record, and a dependable personal means of transportation are required.
- Employee is expected to maintain a professional manner in all aspects of their work.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website