Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified MEL Specialist candidates for the CCBO program.
Position Description/Summary: The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which will serve as USAID's flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities.
The role of the Sri Lanka / Maldives Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist is to support the implementation of the CCBO Activity MEL Plan (AMELP) and knowledge management and learning (KML) strategy in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The AMELP describes all data collection, analysis, and reporting tasks to be conducted over the life of activity. The KML strategy describes the ways in which existing knowledge and lessons learned generated by CCBO will be captured, shared, and ultimately used to inform USAID's and the broader sector's knowledge on 3Rs and SWM. Under the supervision of the Country Director, close collaboration with the Regional MEL Specialist in the Philippines and the MEL Manager in the US, and in coordination with other relevant staff (e.g. the Regional Director, Grants Specialist), the MEL Specialist will provide trainings, capacity building, and ongoing one-on-one reporting support to grant applicants and recipients to ensure that data generated from activities and interventions are reliably and accurately collected in a timely manner.
The MEL Specialist will be primarily responsible for collecting and auditing grantee and local data collectors' MEL systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms for CCBO's work in Sri Lanka/Maldives. The MEL Specialist will provide on-site monitoring, oversight, and accountability of program activities, as well as work directly with grantees, relevant technical specialists and subcontracting partners to develop and roll-out and ensure proper use of data collection tools. The MEL Specialist will provide mentoring and training assistance/services not only to program staff but to third party data collectors as well; therefore his/her in-depth understanding of the project's indicators, and data collection methods and techniques is critical for successfully performing the tasks outlined below. The MEL specialist will work in collaboration with other CCBO staff in accordance with USAID's and Tetra Tech's procedures and policies.
* Bachelor's degree required (Master's preferred) in relevant field such as international development, business administration, economics, etc.
* At least 4 years' experience in MEL program management for international development, USAID experience and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred.
* High level proficiency of MS-Office applications, online data collection forms (e.g. Formstack, Surveygizmo, Google forms) and data platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Tableau).
* Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English and Sri Lanka/Maldivesese.
* Experience in municipal solid waste management, ocean plastics, materials management, recycling services preferred but not required.
* Ability to travel within the country up to 40% of the time
* Proven capacity building and training skills
* Proven track record facilitating solutions to problems
* Excellent project and data management skills
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment, with occasional meetings to accommodate differing time zones.
* Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for these positions.
Apply on company website