Tetra Tech company is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech – Green Bay has a full-time position available for an environmental technician, specializing in landfill construction quality assurance (CQA). The construction projects will be managed and staffed out of our Green Bay office; however, actual project locations will be throughout the upper Midwest
Responsible for a variety of field and office support roles under the direction of more experienced personnel. Position requires direction from Senior technician, Field Manager, Engineer, or Project Manager. Perform tasks with input and guidance from more experienced personnel. Work under supervision from others. Primary contact is with internal project teams.
- Assist with specific office, testing, or field assignments under the direction of senior technicians, field managers, engineers, or project managers.
- Assist with the planning and preparation for various work assignments, maintain field and test equipment, document data in an orderly fashion and perform field monitoring and analyses in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform field work including but not limited to collection of samples and data.
- Operate field equipment and construction equipment.
- Work at landfills, hazardous waste sites, contaminated sites, and/or other sites where heavy equipment, contamination, or other health hazards may exist.
- Order job-specific supplies, maintain field activities log, record field measurements, and complete sample documentation.
- Assist with technical research as required.
- Assist with construction services as required.
- Implement safe work practices on field assignments.
- Train and support new staff in company policy and practice.
- High School diploma required. Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Typically 1-3 years' experience in environmental services or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude and understanding of field equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information orally and respond to questions from peers and supervisors. Good overall communication skills.
- Basic math skills for addition, subtraction, division, multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, email, and other software as necessary to perform job functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee may work in the field for extended periods, and may require extended travel away from home. The employee must be able to work in personal protective equipment including respirator, and must have physical clearance for PPE.
- Work will be conducted both in an outdoor field environment and on occasion in the office. Outdoor work will involve potential for exposure to various physical and chemical hazards of varying degree and type. This will include work under heat and cold stress and other adverse environmental conditions.
- Hearing protection may be necessary. Work may involve use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech.
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work; you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 209 SWE
Apply on company website