Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a project level professional to provide support for our environmental characterization and remediation consulting services for our clients and projects throughout Southern California. The project are primarily located Long Beach, Wilmington, and Los Angeles. The projects include small and large remedial investigations primarily focused on the characterization of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater impacts resulting from past operations and waste disposal practices. In addition to conducting, training, and managing the fieldwork for Phase II environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring, and remediation projects, the position will involve data interpretation, trend analysis, and significant technical report writing. The selected candidate will perform a range of tasks, requiring utilization of scientific or geologic analytical techniques and task level budget and schedule management. This position can be based out of our Pasadena, CA location or our San Bernardino, CA location.
- Supporting Senior Project Managers in managing small projects and tasks for existing clients and implementing and managing field investigations, including but not limited to, soil, soil vapor and groundwater sampling, borehole drilling, and groundwater and soil vapor well installations and abandonment. This includes scheduling & coordinating with field team and subcontractors, ordering equipment and supplies, etc. prior to field implementation.
- Preparation of investigation workplans including sampling and analysis plans and health and safety plans, remedial investigation reports, groundwater monitoring reports, remedial feasibility studies, and white papers. Preparation of all plans and reports will be under the guidance of a Senior or Principal Geologist/Engineer/Scientist.
- Performs a range of tasks, requiring utilization of critical-thinking skills, scientific, geologic, and engineering analytical techniques.
- Preparation of detailed cost proposals, budget tracking, review supplier & subcontractor invoices, and conduct project schedule/planning and status updates to the Tetra Tech manager and client.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in geological sciences or civil/environmental engineering, M.S. a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Professional registration (P.E. or P.G.) or working towards a registration in California a plus.
- CFR 1910.120 OSHA Hazardous Waste Site Health and Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (40-hour course). Course fees can be paid for by Tetra Tech.
- Sound writing and communication skills required. The candidate must be computer literate and be proficient in MS Word and Excel. AutoCAD, gINT, Bluebeam, MS Project and other environmental software experience is a plus.
- Experience with geologic, engineering, scientific, or general environmental projects and data interpretation. The candidate should be able to manipulate environmental monitoring data including, but not limited to, preparing graphs, applying correction factors, unit conversions, conducting statistical analysis (geometric mean, averages).
- Field experience should include subsurface soil, soil vapor, and groundwater sampling, drilling and well installation for hazardous waste site characterization, aquifer testing; field implementation of soil and groundwater remediation including soil excavations, in-situ groundwater treatment, and ex-situ pump and treat groundwater systems.
- Ideal candidate would have experience, required training, and Title 22 and 40CFR regulatory knowledge to properly characterize, profile, and dispose of RCRA, TSCA, and non-RCRA waste.
- The selected candidate must be able to resolve conflicts with co-workers, subcontractors, and project managers and provide solutions in a professional manner.
- Local travel and field work will be required. Must be able to pass a physical exam by a physician to qualify to wear an air purifying respirator in compliance with 29 CFR 1910.134 and comply with respiratory protection programs and to pass a physical exam by a physician to perform hazardous waste site operations in compliance with medical monitoring sections of 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Position requires in-office work and field work at local project sites.
- Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 102 ECM
Apply on company website