Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently looking for a Renewable Energy Resource Analyst to support our national energy practice. Our energy practice includes wind, solar, BESS, HV transmission and substations facilities, natural gas transmission pipelines (FERC and non-FERC regulated), gas compressor stations, and other energy related facilities and infrastructure.
Energy resource assessments are an integral part of the project development process that guides the selection of suitable equipment for project specific characteristics. This Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the energy yield potential and supporting clients by developing optimized wind and/or solar arrays.
For this position, location is flexible for the best qualified candidate; must be self-motivated and highly accountable with the ability to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Analyze and interpret wind and/or solar resource data for integrity and completeness.
- Determine overall climatological characteristics for project site.
- Conduct comprehensive data correlation studies using publicly available information.
- Develop specifications for future climatological studies and manage third party resources, as required.
- Determine suitability of specific equipment configurations in consideration of financial feasibility.
- Develop annual energy production (AEP) estimates.
- Prepare standard format deliverable.
- Support project specific bankable resource measurement campaigns.
- Perform quality control of resource data collected from measurement campaigns using industry standard practices.
- Support preliminary design and optimization of utility scale wind and/or solar projects.
- Keep current on changing trends in the renewable energy generation markets.
- Liaise with members of the engineering team as necessary to support conceptual and detailed design of renewable energy projects.
- Communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Manage teamwork and projects to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in science, applied mathematics, physics, fluid mechanics, statistics, engineering or closely aligned degree; master's or other advanced degree is considered a plus but not required.
- Minimum 3-5years of experience.
- For engineering candidates, a P.E. license or ability to become licensed within two years is a plus.
- Experience in the statistical analysis of wind and/or solar resource data, including raw time series validation.
- Thorough understanding of renewable energy project development, project siting and general equipment designs and functions.
- Experience operating with commercially available or proprietary tools (i.e., Windfarmer, Windpro, Wasp, Openwind, PVSyst, Helioscope, Homer Pro) or other equivalent analysis programs.
- Experience conducting wind resource and energy production assessments, including long-term resource estimation, energy production and wake loss analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project).
- Strong and creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to prepare required deliverables which may include detailed summary reports, business correspondence, procedures, internal and external (i.e. client) presentations, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from clients, project stakeholders, Tetra Tech management and coworkers, and the public.
- Experience with database programs, geographic information systems (GIS), such as ArcGIS, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software.
- Familiarity or experience with economic modeling methods and tools specific to renewable energy technologies.
Other Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience conducting due diligence reviews of third-party renewable energy resource measurement campaigns, project array layouts, energy production assessments, uncertainty analyses, and review of power curves.
- Strong working knowledge of commonly used renewable energy design concepts, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of renewable energy project standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Ability to research and compile project related data, studies, and reports as required by clients, Tetra Tech project managers or other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to deliver projects of varying complexity or products that exceeds client expectations.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $85,000 yr.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website