Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Arrangement Engineer for our Mississauga, Ontario office. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, approves, and co-ordinates work schedules to ensure that objectives of cost, quality, and time are met
- Requires effective working relationships with colleagues, officials, and associates for the purpose of discussing design problems, explaining design features and specifications, and other project control criteria
- Establishes and maintains client contacts to seek or provide technical information related to the immediate project
- Analyses problems, organizes investigations, and determines specific design criteria.
- Makes commitments on acceptance of projects, completion dates, resources and staff required to meet objectives
- Is required to have knowledge of related disciplines/fields of engineering
- Assigns and outlines work, advises on technical problems, and reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy
University degree in Electrical Engineering.
10 - 12 years of working experience in Electrical Engineering.
Experience in transmission planning using PSSE
Experience in transient analysis using PSCAD.
Ideally have experience in the study, technical knowledge, and design expertise of electrical distribution systems for a broad range of industries, with a heavy emphasis in Electrical Arrangement
Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (P.Eng).
Ideally have particular knowledge in the design of low and medium voltage power distribution, including load flow, short circuit and grounding studies, transformer sizing, cable sizing, switchgear and motor control centres.
The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing technical specification of the electrical equipment, evaluation of proposals, and will be able to review vendor drawings.
You will have exceptional communication skills (client relations, team project communications, and proposal and report development).
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities..
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website