Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
The Senior Environmental Data Manager will join a team of software engineers who are developing tailored environmental software applications and data acquisition, management, and analysis tools to support real-time, retrospective and predictive analyses for our clients across the U.S. Examples of projects include managing data and developing data management tools for groundwater monitoring programs, development of web-based reporting and analysis dashboards, development of software to manage toxic release inventories for utilities, and development of an event detection system for water utilities. The selected individual will provide senior level technical leadership for these types of projects. They will perform technical tasks and will also lead business development with state, local, and private sector clients. It is expected that the selected individual will work on ongoing projects and contracts, and support business development for the future (i.e., a seller-doer role). Business development includes developing relationships with clients across the U.S. and globally to support and respond to proposals.
- Manage and lead complex data management and/or software development projects related to data collection, analysis, and reporting for these types of programs: groundwater/surface water quality monitoring, air quality monitoring, water resources, aquatic ecology or related disciplines.
- Contribute to successful business development for new projects by preparing proposals for new and existing clients.
- In collaboration with Tetra Tech business units and offices, use your skills, experience, and ideas to identify and target new client/project opportunities, then develop effective project capture plans.
- Participate in the development of environmental software, such as web applications, data portals, data dashboards, and desktop software.
- Supervise, mentor and train professional/technical staff.
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering, environmental engineering, or related field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of professional consulting or similar experience is required.
- Previous work experience in environmental data management and/or environmental software development with strong analytical/database skills.
- Programming training or experience in one or more languages, such as, C#, Java, C++, Python.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Experience evaluating market competitors, assessing client requirements, and developing strategy to successfully secure awards.
- Track record in identifying opportunities and developing strategies to win targeted business development pursuits.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects and to work with teams of engineers/scientists.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff and to develop new business for team.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills required.
What We Can Offer You
- Position is in Lafayette, CA. Remote applicants welcome.
- Flexibility that allows employees to balance quality work and personal lives.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers .
The salary range for this position is approximately $100,000 to $160,000 depending on education, qualifications, experience and work location.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website