Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists. Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Highway Engineer to support a wide range of high-profile public transportation and private development projects, including sustainable development. This is an engaging position that will include coordination with senior management and other technical disciplines on the strategic implementation and successful delivery of infrastructure projects. We are proud to be designing high profile projects within our region such as the I-90/Allston Interchange and the Rutherford Ave/Sullivan Square corridor in Boston. We focus on advancing complex roadway/highway infrastructure projects and we are a recognized leader in the planning, permitting, and design of transportation projects throughout the Commonwealth.
Choose from one of our Massachusetts locations in downtown Boston or Marlborough. Our Boston office is within a short walk to South Station and our Marlborough office is easily accessible to major highways. We are flexible in the work location and open to a hybrid model of spending time in both the office as well as working from home.
- Design roadway/highway projects from inception to completion
- Design horizontal geometry, profiles, and grading
- Design and analyze drainage systems and storm water management infrastructure
- Work on Complete Streets, green infrastructure, design pavements, markings/signs, including highway guide signs
- Prepare Right of Way plans
- Prepare Traffic Management Plans (TMPs)
- Develop quantity takeoffs, cost estimates and specifications
- Attend client meetings and prepare presentations
- Participate and present at live and/or virtual public meetings
- Develop proposals and budgets, and implement them effectively
- Manage/mentor junior staff
- Direct other staff on completion of tasks or small projects
- Clearly and comfortably delegate routine tasks to junior staff
- 8-12 years of related experience
- BS in Civil Engineering with Transportation emphasis preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- MassDOT Design Standards experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil3D design skills
- Drainage design and stormwater management experience
- Experience with other computer software applications within the civil engineering field (ideally SignCAD, StormCAD, HydroCAD, AutoTurn, etc.) desirable
- Prior experience supervising engineers
- Requires successful evaluation of a motor vehicle record (MVR) check and maintaining a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by the current OSHA ETS, local, state and federal authorities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 143 INE
Apply on company website