LOCATION - FLEXIBLE - SOUTHAMPTON / BRISTOL / EDINBURGH or LEEDS ideally
Reporting directly to the structural engineering team lead, you will primarily be delivering projects within your local region and the wider UK infrastructure team. This will involve preparing and drafting engineering designs, with the opportunity to assist with key decision making throughout the projects. You will be given responsibility for the technical and self-management of your own project work as well as acting as part of a team working on elements of major Tetra Tech commissions. It is one of our key values to provide excellence in everything that we do, so you will be mentored and trained towards this aim.
You will be involved with structural design in all materials from timber, steel and concrete. As well as liaising with our own internal teams, you will be expected to communicate with third party stakeholders.
- A recognised engineering qualification and working towards IEng or similar professional discipline - Tetra Tech operates an approved training scheme for the ICE and will offer support or a training agreement for any candidate who wishes to progress as an engineer
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
- Demonstrable experience and an understanding of infrastructure design
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes and other design standards
- Able to use technical design software (AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, Tedds and associated programmes)
- Adaptable with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good health and safety practices within the work place and design
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard microsoft office and other relevant software packages
- Suitable for security clearance (all staff need to be security vetted)
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity / shared parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
Our culture at Tetra Tech encourages and embraces the differences that make each of us unique - we are hiring you for you, so be yourself!
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website